Sneak Peak - The Raddest Gift

 On the day I first went to the place beyond the shed I walked into Sanctuary to a scene of madness, a scouting party had just returned, the sentinels and the dogs were all yelling. The council was being convened in the meeting place between play yards, a small two-foot by a two-foot area where the big dog council members met with the small dog council members. One of the sentinels was there with them. I went to the leader of the scout party, Bailey a giant German Shepard with a very fluffy coat. “What is going on Bailey?” I asked approaching her as she was drinking from one of the water buckets, she picked her head up, looked at me and motioned for me to join her before dipping her head back into the water bucket. I began drinking from the same bucket, and she lifted her mouth out of the water just enough to speak “We found one.” “One what?” I stammered, stunned. She turned her body towards me lumbering over me like an old oak above a blade of grass and gruffly growled “A puppy”. . . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter Five: An Old Friend

Dog Profile: Opal

Chapter Nine: Cracks